This revolutionary polymer-based cerclage system is designed to solve many of the inherent problems of traditional monofilament wire and cabling systems.
Features of the system include:
– Fatigue strength superior to both wire and cables thereby reducing complications due to breakage.
– The elimination of cable-generated metal particle debris that have been shown to greatly increase wear in adjacent total joints.
– No sharp cable ends to irritate patient tissue.
– No sharp cable ends to cut surgeon’s gloves or cause “sharps injury”.
– Provides long-term dynamic compressive loading across bone fragments to offer the possibility for better healing and increased construct strength.
– Unique locking mechanism allows cables to be easily re-tightened, saving time and reducing the number of cables required.
And, unlike metal cables, there is no crimping of metal.
– Cable Locking Mechanism Close-Up
– Cables are easy and quick to manipulate within the wound.
– No metal cable contacting metallic implants.
A clinically proven polymer cable system providing superior fatigue strength and dynamic compression across healing bone fragments.